Family owned and trusted since 1980.
Animal Emergency & Specialty is the premier, family-owned 24-hour vet clinic on Seattle’s Eastside. Our compassionate team utilizes the latest medical techniques in our beautiful, state-of-the-art facility to provide the highest quality care for your pet. AES is honored to be the preferred emergency, critical care, and specialty services provider of many Eastside pet parents, family veterinarians, and animal welfare organizations. We take pride in offering outstanding client service and progressive veterinary care.
Family-owned in Kirkland since 1980, AES has strong community ties. We collaborate with over fifty family veterinary hospitals, ensuring continuity of care for mutual patients after hours, in case of emergency, and when specialized services are necessary. Through our partnership with local animal rescue groups, we help less fortunate pets get the medical care they need so they can find new forever homes. In conjunction with first responders and regional animal service organizations, we assist in reuniting lost pets with their families. We also participate in many fun, pet-related events throughout the year!
What makes AES unique?
Below are some of our distinguishing features:
- New, state-of-the-art facility with pet- and eco-friendly design features, open 24/7/365!
- Progressive, specialty-hospital medicine with personalized, small-business client service.
- Oldest emergency animal hospital on the Eastside, trusted since 1980.
- Only family-owned (non-corporate) 24-hour specialty hospital remaining on the Eastside.
- Around-the-clock emergency and critical care services, with at least one DVM on premises at all times. The ECC Team includes a board-certified critical care specialist and nurses with specialty certification.
- No new graduates or interns. All of our DVMs have at least one year of clinical experience in busy, emergency and specialty hospitals. Several have internship and/or residency training.
- We do not hire residents. You can rest assured that your pet’s specialty surgery will be performed by a board-certified surgeon.
- Fully-equipped Triage Room to quickly and safely stabilize our most critical patients.
- Comprehensive in-house laboratory and advanced digital imaging equipment with board-certified radiologist’s review 24/7/365 to facilitate speedy and accurate diagnoses and treatment options.
- Cutting-edge patient monitoring equipment to make sure your pet stays comfortable.
- Separate cat and dog ICUs with ambient lighting to minimize stress and promote healing.
- Full-service rehabilitation department offering a variety of modalities to achieve a faster and more complete recovery.
- Close collaboration with you, your family veterinarian, and a network of specialists to ensure continuity of care.